Sunday 10 January 2016

a poem of thoughts

A journey...

This train of thought I seem to ride,
leaving the stations of my mind.
As the cogs begin to turn,
these announcements can be overheard;
"Thank you for travelling with us today,
but the journey to happiness has been delayed.
for there is a fork in the tracks,
it's a one way journey
and there is no going back.
Calling at stations unknown to us yet
and the time of arrival has not been set.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused,
for moments passed and feelings lost.
we hope to see you once again,
on this mindless thinking train."
I'm stuck in the middle of no where,
no signal, no money, no one to care.
my feet begin to guide me away,
to a place in the distance,
oh so far away.
It's a long, hard journey
on a beaten track,
dust and dirt consume me;
there's no going back.
I'm now surrounded by people,
the generous and caring of sorts.
I am cared for and wanted.
Now they have got me to being me again.
They send me off on my way,
back on the tracks for another day.
The pain seems worthwhile,
who knew a little bit of love was all I needed to smile.


a poem I had a little help with from a few friends, I hope you enjoy and I'll see you soon.
Sophs x



No comments:

Post a Comment